Thursday, October 18, 2018
Hub-Now-News-placeholder-01

Pancakes, long johns and giving back: a perfect combination

The Town of Truro and Stanfield’s Ltd. is inviting everyone to a Long John pancake breakfast this Sunday, between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. The...

Kissel praises the work of food bank staff, volunteers

The Colchester Food Bank has received a glowing endorsement from a Canadian country music star. Brett Kissel, who was wrapping up the Nova Scotia portion...

Stevens ready to fly high at World Cup event

Freestyle skier Emma Stevens is on the verge of making history. The 21-year-old Hilden native has qualified for the FIS World Cup event in Quebec...

Winter Long John Festival kicks off today

Shoppers at the Truro Mall didn’t take time to realize Truro’s Winter Long John Festival was just around the corner. Staff members from nine stores...

Shubenacadie Sam predicting an early spring

Nova Scotians are breathing a sigh of relief after hearing Shubenacadie Sam's prediction of an early spring when he came out of his hut...

Spring is coming, get ready with a trio of exciting events

Spring is coming, get ready with a trio of exciting events Winter is over in six weeks. It’s time to think about spring. If you are...

Coldest Night of the Year sets $75,000 goal

The sign is up and excitement is starting to build as the Truro Homeless Outreach Society prepares to break ground on a new shelter. Shovels...

Hoots, hollers and an awkward walk down the runway

I’ll never take another call from Sandy Murray. That’s the only thing I could think as I prepared to take my first steps down the...

Phoenix Agritech experiences growth in Southeast Asia market

In a matter of seconds, Bruce Blacklock has a picture of an Indonesian airport runway on his computer screen. After a few quick calculations, he...

Truro Restaurant Week dealing delectable dishes for diners

Truro Restaurant Week is underway and it didn’t take long for people to throw their support behind the idea. Tawnya Bigney of the Nova Scotia...

Weather

Bible Hill
clear sky
3 ° C
3 °
3 °
74 %
3.6kmh
5 %
Thu
14 °
Fri
13 °
Sat
13 °
Sun
11 °
Mon
12 °
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!