Monday, December 17, 2018

Saint Vincent de Paul has big plans for 100 Women gift

The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul has received the latest donation from the 100-plus Women Who Care organization. The lay Catholic organization operates out...

Residents invited to take part in community flash mob

If you’ve made a New Year’s Resolution that includes stepping outside of your comfort zone, the Central Nova Women’s Resource Centre might be able...

Town in search of skates

Truro – The town of Truro has launched a skate drive. The Civic Square Skate Drive 2017 is designed to collect ice skates for use...

Hospital welcomes New Year baby

TRURO – It took a few days but the first baby born at the Colchester East Hants Health Centre has arrived. Claire Rafuse, weighing eight...

New ‘hot lab’ enhances student curriculum at local high school

Classroom work has become “more interesting” says two Grade 12 students at Cobequid Educational Centre (CEC) thanks to the construction of a  new in-school...

Financial awards help Truro students stay the course

Two local students have received financial awards from Literacy Nova Scotia which will help them further their education and career aspirations. Laken Betts, a student...

Spend New Year’s Eve on the Town with fun, free, family-friendly activities

Swimming, skating, live music and more are in store as we bid farewell to 2016 and welcome 2017 with a New Year’s Eve of...
Hub-Now-News-placeholder-08

Heroes come in different sizes

I joined the Canadian Army in 1940. I was 20 years old at the time. I served for a year and a half in the...

The wait is over as Truro officially unveils library, civic square

There wasn’t much of a surprise factor left when the Town of Truro officially hosted the grand opening ceremony for the new library and...

Community pulling together free Christmas Day dinner with all the trimmings

People and their stories – that’s what keeps Don Wilson returning to help organize the Free Community Christmas Dinner each year. Now in its 15th...

Weather

Bible Hill
clear sky
3 ° C
3 °
3 °
74 %
3.6kmh
5 %
Thu
14 °
Fri
13 °
Sat
13 °
Sun
11 °
Mon
12 °
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!