We all know how tired and stressed we can feel while traveling… not to mention what our skin looks like!
It can be quite challenging picking all the necessities to pack for your vacation, but choosing which skincare items to bring can be more difficult than planning outfits. Rest assured there are great, easy tips to keep your glow strong, no matter where you vacation.
Here a few of my favourite skincare travel tips:
- Increase your intake of omega 3s a couple of days prior to your flight to protect your skin cells from stress and dehydration (salmon, chia seeds, walnuts, or omega 3 capsules are great options).
- Avoid harsh, drying treatments. Our skin needs every last bit of moisture, so it’s best to avoid peels.
- Apply a face and body moisturizer to support hydrated skin.
- Apply a moisturizing lip balm as the air is dry in the airplane and can cause dry, chapped lips.
- Pack healthy snacks. You don’t want to be stuck with processed peanuts and pretzels as your only option. Processed foods are loaded with sugar, refined oils, and sodium that wreak havoc on your skin. Pack some fresh fruit and veggies.
- Cleanse your face to remove dirt and oil, and to help calm down from the day’s stress.
- Apply a hydrating moisturizer and massage: put moisturizer on fingertips and massage the cream in upward, outward circular motions.
- Apply a super moisturizing after-sun body lotion to cool and soothe that dry parched skin if you were in the sun.
- Lastly, always HYDRATE! When flying, pack an empty water bottle and refill it once you pass through security. Drink, drink, and drink more water when in the air, as the cabin pressure dries out our skin terribly. Make sure to drink lots of water throughout the day to keep you hydrated no matter where your trip takes you.
Traveling is a great way to spend much-needed quality time with family, friends or even some self-time. But it can also be stressful. If you are preparing for a trip, you need some good self-care strategies so you are at the top of your game.
Wishing you safe and healthy travels.
Written by Lorraine Crowe
Co-owner of Body Solace Studio
Licensed Holistic Nutrition Practitioner, creator of Rain Natural Skincare