Ring in the spring with a new bistro set
Take a table, add two chairs and voilà: you’ve got yourself a bistro set.Specially designed for outdoor use, a bistro set allows you to soak up the sun and feel the fresh air from the comfort of your balcony or patio. Either on your own or with a friend, it’s finally time to savour the arrival of spring, fresh lemonade or soothing tea in hand.
Patio bistro sets need to withstand the fading, rust and mold that all outdoor furniture is subjected to. They’re usually built out of one of the following:
Designed to combine functionality, durability and elegance, bistro sets are available in a variety of styles (rustic, urban, minimalist,etc.) to fit every homeowner’s needs. Before you head to the stores, however, make sure to properly measure the space where you intend to set up your furniture. It would be a shame to find the perfect ensemble, only to realize that it doesn’t fit on your balcony!
How to paint a high-rise ceiling
Housing contractors frequently purchase derelict factories, churches and schools to convert into swanky living space. The condos and apartments in these repurposed buildings are highly sought after thanks to their unique architectural characteristics. High ceilings are among the most visually striking of these features, but they can be quite the challenge to paint. If yours is in need of a fresh coat, follow these ten steps to success.
- Cover floors and furniture with plastic tarps or newspaper.
- Open the windows to help the paint dry faster.
- Install scaffolding or a stable ladder tall enough for the job.
- Fill in holes and cracks with plaster and sand down the repaired areas to even out the surface.
- Wipe down the entire ceiling with a non-abrasive cleaning solution and a lint-free cloth.
- Carefully section off the area with painter’s tape.
- Prepare your paint by stirring it thoroughly with a wooden stick. Apply a coat of primer first if needed.
- Start by painting the borders with a regular paintbrush. Make sure to always have a damp cloth within reach to clean up little messes or mistakes made along the way.
- Apply paint to the main surface area using a roller in nice even strokes. Don’t press too hard, and follow the room’s natural lighting for a better view of your progress.
- Let the paint dry completely before applying a second coat
Friday, April 7 – 4pm – 9pm
Saturday, April 8 – 10am – 7pm
Sunday, April 9 – 10am – 4pm
• Adult Day Pass – $6
• Senior (60+) – $4
• FREE Admission for those under 18 when accompanied by an adult
Rath Eastlink Community Centre
625 Abenaki Road, Truro, NS
For more information: